Map Finder
Languages
E-mail Print  

Attractions

The Parish Church of St. Bernard

The construction of St. Bernard's began in 1621 and was completed in 1941. It was restored in 1988. The bell tower dates to the 17th century and was reconstructed in 2000. The tower height is 34 meters. There is a tombstone in the church where one of the counts of Borisi was buried, with an emblem of his noble family on the tombstone. Behind the altar, there is one of the most valuable pieces of art kept in Funtana, an oil on canvas of the Madonna with Child and Saints.

Castle-fortress (Kaštel-utvrda)

The castle-fortress in Funtana is a protected monument. On the hill above the sea, it was raised in 1610. The Bernardo Borisi from the famous family Boris, from town Bar of the Dukljan County. The castle-fortress features Renaissance style, and was reconstructed during the Baroque period with new window openings. The castle is the first building built in Funtana. Around it the rest of the place as it is today was built.

Church of Saint Lucy

The church of Saint Lucy was built along the road from Funtana in 1750. On the front of the church there is a bell holder without a bell. The church is now privately owned; therefore Mass in the church is only held for the Feast of Saint Lucy.

Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy

At the abandoned cemetery is a little church of the Blessed Virgin Mary of Mercy, with graves from the 17th and 18th centuries. This Romanesque church was built in the 11th century. It has been renovated on several occasions, and finally fundamentally reconstructed in 1998.

Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

At the abandoned cemetery near Perila, the Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was built in 1631. The church was last rebuilt in 1907.
Bookmark & Share Share
 

Events

 

Newsletter

Fill in the necessary fields

...